Pastor Terry & Jody Wakefield
In May 1997 Pastor Terry & Jody Wakefield were sent out from the fellowship church in which they were discipled to Pioneer a new church in Austin. They first began holding Bible Studies from their home and in January 1998 leased a small store front facility on Rutland Drive. In 2003 they leased a larger facility on E. Yager Lane. After several years of growth, the church was able to move to Pond Springs Road in 2009 where the ministry was able to purchase its own property.
Pastor Terry & Jody have enjoyed investing in World Evangelism through giving as well as missionary trips to cities in such places as Mexico, Costa Rica, Botswana, South Africa, and China. They continue to press forward in the vision of the Potter’s House Christian Church: Evangelism, Discipleship, and Church Planting. They currently have three churches planted and are preparing more couples to send out.
There are three primary experiences of the Christian life:
- Salvation is initiated by a prayer of faith in Jesus and is completed by God’s grace.
- Salvation is maintained by a lifestyle of
- Biblical righteousness and demonstrated by works.
- Salvation is lost when we sin and do not repent.
- Salvation is necessary to enter Heaven in eternity.
- Water Baptism was shown by the example of Jesus Christ and is a public demonstration of our faith in Him.
- Water Baptism is not necessary to be saved, but is definitely an important Christian experience not to be negated.
- Water Baptism is executed in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM
To Put To Practice The Four Core Principles Of Our Church, As Outlined In The Holy Bible.
To See Families and Marriages Strengthened and Flourishing
We understand that our time on this earth is somewhat short, so we are pressing to make as much impact as we can for the gospel’s sake, each and every day!